Monday 15 September 2014

Never Say Goodbye




So. It's going to be warm when I arrive on Wednesday.

But on the plus side, Autumn is coming so it'll be dropping closer to 30 degrees over the next couple of months.

My possessions are spread across West London and Oxfordshire. Those that remain in my possession fill the hall of my flat in two bags, ready to depart.

I spoke with Lukey last night. We discussed his adventure into parenthood for the second time and a move to Crouch End. He was positive and seemed excited for his journey. He said some things that struck a chord. We discussed the need to make sure things keep moving forwards. It made me reflect that I had begun to see my flat as a chain around my neck holding me back. Set against a work life where I was miserable, it made me realise that I'm in a fortunate and lucky position as I face an adventure. My life has been standing still.

With 24 hours to go, I find myself alone in my own flat. Although I feel fear, it is tempered with an excitement and optimism that I cannot describe.

I'm changing job, changing career, changing city, country, continent and home. My flat is being rented and for the first time in a fair while I feel in control.

...

...

...

Never Say Goodbye




No comments:

Post a Comment