Monday 8 September 2014

A Second Step

A Second Step
I made the call on the following Tuesday night.
As I have already said, I rarely talk with K. I honestly think that he was surprised that I called when I said I would.
K had sent through the details he had promised. I had read them and spent an age online looking up as much about Saudi Arabia that I could. Loads was positive and intriguing the rest was worrying and exposed me to some pretty vile images of life and – more importantly – death on YouTube.
We talked. Money. Accommodation. Logistics. Responsibilities.  Important, but dull dull things.
Again, K could not have sold the isolation of the role in any sharper or starker terms. K agreed to send through a job spec and that we would talk a few weeks later.
It was quite clear that any decision was mine but that any decision could not be glib or rushed.
 That’s why I like K. He was really trying to force the right decision out of me. Not the easy, but the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment